Here are a couple of questions I think everyone should ask themselves before buying items for their home gym.
- Will this be my primary workout location?
- How often/how much time will I spend in this space?
- Will one or more people be using the space at the same time?
- Will the space be used for workout DVDs?
- Will there be the need for machines?
- What is the primary focus?
- Strength Training
- Cardio Mix
Once you figure out your plan and goals, you should choose what machine or machines you would like to have in the room. Of course, you will need a TV or projector if you will be using workout DVDs. Music is also a very good motivator – and
Free Weights are always a good idea. A stability ball or a weighted ball is great for core. Kettle bells are being used more frequently and for various workouts. I would also include a tension band in here as well. Don’t forget the importance of mirrors as well!